What You Need to Know About Cosmetic Dentistry
Transform your life when you transform your smile! New techniques and products offer you many options to perfect your smile. Today we can solve bothersome aesthetic problems and give you the smile you’ve always wanted. A beautiful smile is truly an asset, valued for many reasons.
Did you know that:
- 99.7% of Americans believe a smile is an important asset.
- 96% of adults believe an attractive smile makes a person more appealing to members of the opposite sex.
- 74% of adults feel an unattractive smile can hurt a person’s chances for career success.
The Facts About Cosmetic Dentistry
Your smile communicates a lot about how you feel about yourself. Even a minor flaw in your smile can keep you from feeling your best about the way you look. Today we have a wide range of cosmetic products and techniques to benefit almost any smile.
Cosmetic dentistry is a blend of art, science and technology. With a focus on aesthetic results and using a variety of the latest restorative techniques and materials, we can give you the smile you’ve already dreamed—and the confidence to show it off!
We Can Help You Transform Your Smile With Solutions:
- Diastemas (spaces between the teeth)
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Unsightly, stained or washed-out fillings
- Cracked or leaking fillings
- Permanently stained or discolored teeth
- Crooked or poorly shaped teeth
To address these conditions we may use any or all of the following cosmetic techniques.
The development of resin bonding products and techniques has advanced cosmetic dentistry. Now we can use bonding resins to adhere porcelain veneers to the enamel surface of your teeth. Porcelain veneers can be used to make your natural teeth appear whiter, correct chips or defects or close gaps.
Benefits of porcelain veneers:
- You can preserve your natural teeth and maintain oral health
- Each porcelain veneer is custom-made to the desired shape and shade
- Porcelain veneers cover permanently stained teeth for a more youthful look
- Porcelain veneers repair damaged and cracked teeth without full crown treatment
- The procedure can take as few as two appointments
Bonding is a relatively simple and cost-effective cosmetic procedure, ideal for small cosmetic changes, and for correction of front teeth. Even if you have damaged and crooked teeth, we can restore your smile in a single visit, depending on the case. For chipped or cracked teeth, bonding is a relatively simple process in which an enamel-like material is placed on a tooth’s surface, then sculpted, light-cured and polished. With proper oral hygiene and regular dental visits to maintain healthy teeth and gums, your bonded restoration will last for many years.
Due to a variety of causes, teeth tend to stain and “yellow” over time. We can help you whiten and brighten your smile. Tooth whitening techniques vary from at-home trays and gels, whitening strips and whitening toothpastes…to quick in-office laser treatment, bright lamps and high-concentration gels. Although the results and lasting effects are similar, the costs can vary substantially. We carefully exam your mouth and recommend the best treatment for your specific needs. After whitening we can also contour your teeth to improve their shape and polish them to a natural luster.
Tooth Colored Fillings
Today, many dentists and patients favor restorations done using tooth colored composites or porcelain. Natural-colored fillings are not only an attractive replacement for unsightly silver fillings, but they are stronger and metal-free. If older restorations need replacing, we can use these newer, more esthetic fillings. Tooth colored fillings are now a long-lasting functional and attractive alternative.
Crowns and Bridges
Crown and bridge treatment will restore lost teeth, support remaining teeth and help you maintain optimum dental health. We will evaluate your oral health and work to create the best treatment options for you.
Crown and Bridge Treatment:
- Restores your smile
- Matches the color and appearance of your natural teeth
- Maintains the natural bite
- Maintains the shape of your face
- Prevents unnatural stress on other teeth
- Keeps other teeth in their proper place
- Prevents shifting and tilting of adjacent teeth
- Restores your ability to properly chew and speak
- Discourages further dental decay and periodontal disease
Dental implants are the permanent way for you to replace missing teeth, with a look and feel that’s very close to natural teeth. Implants are metal posts or frames surgically placed into the bone beneath your gums. These fuse with the jawbone providing stable support to artificial teeth, preventing individual teeth, bridges or dentures from shifting in your mouth. Ask us if dental implants may be an option for you.
Addressing a variety of cosmetic and functional problems, this specialized branch of dentistry deals with straightening teeth and altering bone growth. Through the use of specially designed and fitted appliances, constant gentle pressure is put on the teeth, causing them to move into a desired position.
Now adults and children can benefit from new advances in orthodontic treatment. Your total cosmetic care may include a combination of orthodontics and cosmetic restoration treatment. Our goal is to recommend the best possible treatment for your unique cosmetic and functional needs.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have about cosmetic dentistry. Just ask!